The mission of PGHI is to provide relief and assistance to the physically, intellectually and developmentally disabled in the underprivileged segments of our society. We are a private non-profit organization supported by individuals dedicated to advocating for the disabled and empowering them with resources that will improve their quality of life. To achieve that mission, we intend to:
- Provide access to learning opportunities that support recreational, development and enrichment programs.
- Support programs that raise awareness and understanding of the issues and challenges surrounding disabilities.
- Provide information related to general health and well-being that you can trust. Our ad-free resources provide you with the knowledge and support you need to take charge of your life and make healthy decisions.
- Promote and protect the universal human rights of people with disability and actively support their inclusion and participation in their communities.
- Establish a global volunteer movement and enhance the general public’s understanding and awareness.
Core Values and Guiding Principles
To serve this historically underserved segment of our population dealing with disabilities, PGHI has adopted the following guiding principles that emphasize our core values relative to our mission:
- Each individual has something to contribute, and no matter how significantly large or small, that contribution is important to us as a society. Influence positive attitudes and public awareness by recognizing the contributions of people with disabilities.
- People with disabilities have the right to be fully included in and actively participate in all aspects of society. Inclusion enriches the quality of life of the disabled and brings the community together in a meaningful way. Advocate for full societal inclusion and participation.
- People with disabilities are entitled to the same respect, compassion, encouragement, dignity, freedoms and equality accorded to other able bodied members of our society. Advocate for equality, individual dignity and basic human rights.
- With proper resources and support, people with disabilities are capable of making independent decisions about their lives and about issues that impact their quality of life. Increase access to quality health education, vocational and other human services and supports.
- People with disabilities deserve a healthy and safe environment which will enrich their lives and promote well being, encourage self-expression, promote personal achievement and lead to greater independence. Establish partnerships and alliances with other groups and organizations that share our core values.